Main Service Areas: Texas
Contact Information: +1 855-485-4258
American Light & Power aims to give their customers high quality energy services for both homes and businesses. Established in 2007, this provider serves all deregulated areas throughout Texas with the exception of Sharyland.
American Light & Power Products and Services
Both home and business energy consumers can apply for American Light and Power products and services.
Residential consumers have the option to choose from many different plans and services. There are however, 4 standard plans:
- Smart Power 12 is a 12 month, Fixed Rate Product
- Smart Power 6 is a 6 month, Fixed Rate Product
- Smart Power 24 is 24 months, Fixed Rate Product
- Anytime Power is a month to month, Variable Rate Product
For more information, each plan is listed on American Light & Power’s website, and includes, the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) and Terms of Service (TOS). For Anytime Power, it is also possible to view Rate History.
When it comes to business energy services, American Light & Power offers products and services that focus on and support the customer’s overall needs. They provide information and assistance in order to point a business in the right direction and fulfill their specific energy requirements. American Light & Power offer services to businesses of all sizes.
Small business customers can choose from one of many current electricity plans, while medium to large businesses can contact a service representative to determine a pricing plan that is more tailored to their specific requirements.
American Light & Power also provides a detailed overview of “Your Rights as a Customer“, that includes the Public Utility Commission (PUC) of Texas rules to ensure that consumers are kept informed of their energy rights and options. This information includes,
- Obtaining and Cancelling Services
- Billing Issues
- Disconnection and Termination
- Other Protection
- Contact Information for both American Light & Power and the PUC of Texas
American Light & Power Customer Tips
American Light & Power offers many different energy saving tips and other information related to energy services. Some of these tips currently include:
- Heating and Cooling:
- Use a programmable thermostat
- Replace and clean air filters at least once a month
- Close blinds and shades to keep the heat out of the house
- Set dryer to low heat instead of high heat
- Turn off all electronics when not in use
- Switch over to ENERGY STAR certified appliances
- Home Improvement:
- Use Compact Florescent Bulbs (CFLs) – they use 75% less electricity than traditional bulbs
- Replace old windows with ones that have a low U-value
- Plant trees around the house for natural shade that will keep your home cool
In addition, their website includes a detailed breakdown on how to correctly read the bill or invoice that they sent to customers.
Comparing American Light & Power Rates
There are four elements that make up American Light & Power rates and services. Each is focused on providing the customer with the best possible options with no disruption in energy supply service.
Flexible Plans: The plans listed above are a small representation of the plans and services that are offered by American Light & Power. It is possible to sign up for a plan that is as short as 3 months, all the way to 24 months.
No Power Outages: Switching or changing providers will not cause any disruption in services.
Payment Methods: Customers have the flexibility to pay for their services in multiple ways including, online, by phone, automatic payment, and check.
Fixed Payments: This type of services means that the customer does not have to worry about significant changes on their invoice or bill. The charges will remain the same every billing period.
Ready to find and compare electricity rates/plans from American Light and Power? Start shopping on ElectricChoice.com and signup for electricity in minutes!